What is Annexure K in PF?
Annexure K is an EPF document issued by EPFO India to the EPF members whenever their PF transfer claim gets settled successfully. EPF members will get their Annexure K whenever they raise PF Transfer request from Unexempted to the exempted establishment or Exempted to the Unexempted establishment. The Annexure K document contains various details such as previous establishment’s PF account details, PF member ID, UAN number and settled PF amount details. The Annexure K is considered as a proof document of PF Transfer claims.
What is use of Annexure K in PF?
As we mentioned above Annexure K document is considered as a proof document that consists of how much PF amount was transferred between two organisations (Unexempted to exempted Or Exempted to Unexempted establishments).
Generally previously EPF members used to apply for PF transfers offline at nearest EPFO office by filling some forms. Then the new employer used to ask the EPF member to submit annexure K for further processing of their PF Transfer claim.
Now EPF transfer claim is being raised online and settled online, so currently their is not enough use of Annexure K as everything is controlled online.
Some times if employee’s PF transfer claim is from unexempted establishment to exempted establishment (Independent PF trust), then the new employer (exempted trust) will ask employees to submit their annexure K.
For Example : An employee who has left his company where his PF was maintained by EPFO, has joined a new company such as TCS, Infosys, which is an Unexpected organisations. These organisations will ask employees to submit their Annexure K after their PF Transfer claim is settled.
If you have transferred your PF from exempted to unexempted establishment, then you will be able to download your annexure K online at UAN portal and you can also check transferred PF amount on your PF passbook.
How to get Annexure K from EPFO
Basically their are 2 ways to get Annexure K for your PF transfer claim which is settled by EPFO India:
- UAN Portal : If your PF transfer is from exempted to unexempted establishment then you can directly download annexure K in PDF format at your UAN member portal.
- EPF Grievance Management Portal : If your PF transfer is from unexempted to exempted establishment then you have to raise Grievance for Annexure K on EPF Grievance Portal.
How to Download Annexure K on UAN Portal.
Now employees can download their PF annexure K online at UAN portal whenever employee have transferred the PF amount from exempted to the unexempted establishment.
- Step 1: Go to the Official UAN Member Portal and login with your UAN number and password.
- Step 2: Now click on online services on menu bar and then click on download Annexure K.
- Step 3: All the PF Transfer claims which are already settled will be listed their and you can simply click on download icon to download Annexure K.
The Annexure K will be downloaded automatically in PDF format and you will be able to find it in your downloads folder.
After getting your Annexure-K you can send it to your organization for further processing of your PF transfer claim, once their processing is done your PF Amount will reflect on PF Account Summary page in your organization’s PF portal.