Here you will understand what is EPS, how an employee can withdraw pension contribution, how to raise claim request to withdraw EPS pension contribution at UAN Portal.
Table of Contents
What is EPS (Employee Pension Scheme) ?
EPS stands for Employee Pension Scheme. EPS is a scheme for employees which is managed by the Employee’s Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), which aims at social security. This scheme is for the pension of the employees working in the organized sector after their retirement at 58 years. The advantages or benefits of this scheme are only to be availed if the employee has served for a minimum of 10 years. EPS pension was made available from 1995 and later retained for existing and newly joined EPF employees since.
In EPS, every month some amount is being contributed towards this scheme same like EPF.
> How to raise grievance to get Annexure K on EPF Grievance Portal
> How to download Annexure K on EPFO Portal
How to withdraw pension contribution EPS?
Employee can withdraw their pension contribution if they wish to. To withdraw the pension contribution employee has to submit FORM 10C to EPFO.
Employee can submit FORM 10C at UAN portal by following few steps which are mentioned below.
EPS contribution or the accumulated pension amount can be withdrawn after a continuous service of 180 days and before the completion of 10 years of active service.
Procedure to raise EPS claim request (Form 10C) to withdraw EPS pension contribution at UAN Portal.
Kindly follow below steps to raise EPS claim request and submit Form 10 C.
- Step 1: Go to the UAN portal.
- Step 2: Log in with your UAN/Password.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Online Services’ and select the option ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)’ from the dropdown.
- Step 4: Review all the details and Enter your bank account number and click on ‘Verify’.(Note: Enter the bank account which is linked with UAN)
- Step 5: Click on ‘Yes’ to sign the certificate of the undertaking and then proceed
- Step 6: Then click on ‘Proceed for Online Claim’.
- Step 7: Now the choose form type screen will appear, review the details, you have to select ‘ONLY PENSION WITHDRAWAL (FORM-10C)’ in ‘I want to apply for’ field.
- Step 8: Then select ‘REASON OF WITHDRAWAL’.
- Step 9: In ‘Employee Address’ field, you have to provide full address of employee including state, State, City, Pincode.
- Step 10: Upload scanned copy of passbook/cheque.(Note: Make sure the image size and type as per whatever is mentioned on the screen, Make sure the details on cheque/passbook should be clearly visible)
- Step-11: Now click on checkbox saying ‘I hereby consent… ‘ and click on ‘Get Aadhar OTP’ button.
- Step 12: Enter the Aadhar OTP which you will get on your registered mobile number & click on ‘Validate OTP and Submit Claim Form’.
- Step 13: It will display the message saying ‘OTP verified successfully and Pension withdrawal claim has been submitted’. You can click and download the claim PDF through the link provided in success message.
Here you have successfully registered your claim request for pension contribution withdrawal. Almost within 20 working days the claim will be settled and the appropriate amount will be credited to your bank account which is linked with UAN.